Amazon Smile is a program where if you sign up for it a small percentage of each purchase will go to the designated organization of your choice — but only if you’ve registered with them.
Amazon has created a program where if you go in through Amazon smile instead of straight a small percentage of every purchase (taken off Amazon’s share – the price you pay won’t increase) and donated to your chosen organization. Learn more about it on their FAQs. I’ve think this is a great idea.
When I found out about it I instantly looked for the Laura Ingalls Wilder homesites and none of them were listed. I got word to all the homesites about it with a hope from them to join the program, but it never heard back. So in the meantime I supported the USS Constitution aka Old Iron Sides. Two years ago I checked again because the Franklin Historical Society (before the Almanzo Wilder farm got up and running they were the prime destination in Malone, New York) publicized that they had joined the program. This time when I searched for other Laura organizations most have joined. If you shop on Amazon, please consider going in through Amazon Smiles.
- Go to http://smile.amazon.com
- Log in to your existing Amazon account
- Search for the organization you want and select your organization
Laura Ingalls Wilder Amazon Smile Organizations
If you search the Amazon Smiles site under the exact names listed before the dashes, you can now give a percentage to these Laura organizations in the order I found them.
- FCHMS – Franklin County Historical and Museum Society by searching for EIN: 14-1499839 or by keyword.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Home Association – Mansfield MO by searching for EIN: 430949542 or by keyword.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Society Incorporated – De Smet SD by searching for EIN: 460309777 or by keyword.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum & Tourist Center – Walnut Grove MN by searching for EIN: 411389293 or by keyword.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Pageant Society – De Smet SD by searching for EIN: 237417985 or by keyword.
- Almanzo and Laura Ingalls Wilder Association – Malone NY by searching for EIN: 141694262 or by keyword.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Park & Museum Inc – Burr Oak IA by searching for EIN: 237427633 or by keyword.
- Little House on the Prairie Museum – Independence KS by searching for EIN: 480875326 or by keyword.
You can also switch your organization as often as you want to share the love around so join up with Amazon Smile today, especially before you start your Christmas shopping!
Sarah S. Uthoff is the main force behind Trundlebed Tales fighting to bring the History, Mystery, Magic and Imagination of Laura Ingalls Wilder and other greats of children’s literature and history to life for a new generation.Attend one of her programs, schedule one yourself, watch her videos, listen to her podcast, and find her on Facebook, Twitter, Google+,LinkedIn, and Academia.edu. She is currently President of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Legacy and Research Association. Professionally she is a reference librarian at Kirkwood Community College and director of the Oxford (Iowa) Public Library.