This is a collection of links to articles about me that are currently online and full text. If you experience any problems with the links, please let me know at: email@example.com
- Rundio, Steve. “Recalling Laura Ingalls Wilder: Sarah Uthoff brings show to Tomah Saturday.” La Crosse Tribune. 17 May 2017. http://lacrossetribune.com/tomahjournal/news/local/recalling-laura-ingalls-wilder-sarah-uthoff-brings-show-to-tomah/article_881cf00d-193a-5e68-95df-a12e65f90639.html Accessed 25 May 2017.
- Jordan-Heintz, Sarah. “Cooking on the Prairie: Laura Ingalls Wilder Topic of Presentation.” Times-Republican [Marshalltown, Iowa], 24 Mar. 2017, http://www.timesrepublican.com/news/todays-news/2017/03/cooking-on-the-prairie Accessed 29 Mar. 2017.
- Sauer, Rachel. “Back to the prairie: ‘Little House’ books offer unique window to past that fans adore.” Daily Sentinel [Grand Junction, Colorado]. 4 February 2017.
http://www.gjsentinel.com/lifestyle/articles/little-house-books-offer-unique-window-to-past-tha. Accessed 11 March 2017.
- Miller, Thea. Pageant Time: Laura’s Still on the Prairie. Road Trips for Readers. June 1, 2015
- “Laura Ingalls Wilder presentation features recipes, stories.” Daily Gate City. April 29, 2015.
- Noble, Jr. Michael. “‘Little House’ Themed Show Offers a Pinch of History.” Cedar Rapids Gazette. March 28, 2015. p. 7A
- Countryman, Nathan. “Online exclusive: Sarah Uthoff presents on Laura Ingalls Wilder’s life.” Algona Upper Des Moines.
- Countryman, Nathan. “Two opportunities to see Wilder programs.” Algona Upper Des Moines. Oct. 16, 2014
- The press release from the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library on “In the Kitchen With Laura.”
- “Signs declare IBSSS as Mary Ingalls site.” Cedar Valley Times. July 25, 2014. I’m pictured with the Mary Ingalls Society board.
- Pepin Laura Days has launched a new website. They have included a PDF of me.
- “High Tea 2014: Tea Time and Tales of Laura Ingalls Wilder.” Johnson County (IA) Historical Society Newsletter. May 2014. Reproduced with permission.
- “Memories of a One-Room School.” Ottumwa Courier. April 30, 2014. Presenting “A Day in a One-Room School.”
- I did a two-part interview with the Cottonwood Tree blog:
https://thecottonwoodtree.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/coffee-with-sarah-uthoff-of-trundlebed-tales-part-1-of-2 (Part 1)
https://thecottonwoodtree.wordpress.com/2014/04/21/coffee-with-sarah-uthoff-of-trundlebed-tales-part-2-of-2 (Part 2)
- I was featured as one of the authors who work at Kirkwood Community College in the student newspaper, The Kirkwood Communique.http://www.kirkwoodstudentmedia.com/news/chapter-thirteen-1.3130931#.UvLOe7RxJZI
- I’m cited as a see further reference in the footnotes of Looking for Anne of Green Gables By Irene Gammel (2008). Click here to see – which is actually pretty funny because I’ve had the physical book for awhile, but just turned up the reference in Google books.
- Hadish, Cindy. “Homegrown: Prairie Walks and Laura Ingalls Wilder.” [Cedar Rapids] Gazette. March 31, 2014.
- I’m also in the Acknowledgements of Midwest Farmer’s Daughter: In Search of an Icon by Zachary Michael Zachs (2012).Click here to see.
- My activities for Banned Books Week. Kirkwood’s Banned Books Week display and blog posts made it into School Library Journal‘s website, including a photo of my display. “Sarah Uthoff, a reference librarian, has also created an impressive display of banned books for all ages at the Kirkwood (IA) Community College Library, and has been blogging about censorship.”
- A great blog post about a visit to Laura Ingalls Wilder Park and Museum in Burr Oak, Iowa by author and librarian Sharron McElmeel. “William Anderson is a noted Wilder expert; but Iowa has its own expert in Sarah S. Uthoff who frequently writes about Wilder on her Trundlebed Tales site.” Be sure to read it and enjoy the photos.
- The Chicago Tribune included a lovely report by Sam Weller about his Laura Ingalls Wilder fandom.
The article includes a shout out: “There is a popular podcast, “Trundlebed Tales,” hosted and produced by Laura Ingalls Wilder scholar Sarah S. Uthoff.”
- Check out this interview by the blog 1000th Voice about Laura Ingalls Wilder:
- Look for a quote almost at the bottom of this article from Motorhome about one family’s Laura trip last year. It’s worth a read, even without my mention.
- National Archives Blog about Hoover event
- The return of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Remembered Labor Day event at Hoover made The Gazette.
- Joanne Cleaver wrote an article on the LauraPalooza conference for the Chicago Tribune and included a paragraph on me. August 3, 2012 (Link to Cleaver’s website, but PDF of actual newspaper clipping)
- Cleaver’s article inspired an article on the WGN national morning news program. Although it doesn’t mention me by name, the photo montage at the end of the clip includes a photo of me speaking at LauraPalooza. August 6, 2012
- “Laura Ingalls Wilder: Live from the Prairie.” Road Trips for Readers. July 27, 2011
- “Country Schools and Talk Radio” March 8, 2011
- “Kirkwood Librarian Moonlights as Blog Radio Host” Communique Kirkwood Community College Cedar Rapids, Iowa February 24, 2011
- “Sanford the Scene of ‘Little House’ Hoopla” Cherokee Chronicle Times September 24, 2010
- “Speaker Brings ‘Little House’ author to life” April 11, 2008
- “JCHS to Host 2nd Annual Little House Thanksgiving” Iowa City Press Citizen website
- “Live from Prairie Lights” – WSUI – Sarah reads her essay from Letters to a Young Iowan May 25, 2007
- “Little House” program at Kalona Mennonite Church” The Kalona News April 26, 2007
- “Wild About Wilder” Iowa Alumni Magazine February 2006
- “Enjoy a Good Schoolhouse Discussion? Try a Listserv!” Country School Association of America Newsletter
I also am listed on the following webpages:
- Humanities Iowa – Click on “Speakers,” then click “Meet Our Speakers,” then click on “Sarah Uthoff” http://www.humanitiesiowa.org
- Laura Days in Pepin has launched a new website. They have included a PDF of me. Sarah Uthoff
Last Updated: May 25, 2017
Sarah S. Uthoff firstname.lastname@example.org